Government Declares New Eligibility Criteria For The Admission In Universities

14
admission in universities

Federal Government Announcement

The federal Minister for Education, Shafqat Mehmood has announced this Thursday that the government cannot put the lives of thousands of students in danger due to Coronavirus pandemic by taking exams at the centers. Hence the government has announced that the board exams will not be going to happen for 9th 10th 11th and 12th. Therefore students will get their admission in universities based on their average marks as per new eligibility criteria.

Shafqat Mehmood said that, For the sake of the safety of the students and the staff, the government is taking this decision to cancel the examinations for secondary and higher secondary classes for the academic year 2019-20.

He emphasized that students will get promoted to the next classes according to the average marking system. This criterion will keep considering their results in previous classes.

Also Read: Kashmir Issue With The Upstanding Solution

Admission In Universities

Those students of 2nd year who want to get admission in universities will get on the basis of the marks of 1st year. Therefore, Universities will use the results of 1st year as the standard marks for concluding their average performance. So that they can get for admission and continue their education further. However, each university can set its quota of weightage for giving admissions to the students. So the students have no need to go through various entry tests in different universities to prove their eligibility.

Mehmood spoke on a private news channel that this decision was taken for the maximum students but there are also few anomalies in it. he also said that the government is still working to provide you extra details regarding this decision. They hope that they will find a considerable solution for the students who got supply (failed) in one or two subjects last year and want to improve their marks.

Leave a Reply